Design Review and Support to Tender for construction of three Regional Emergency Hospitals in Romania (Iasi, Cluj and Craiova)
Project title: Design Review and Support to Tender for construction of three Regional Emergency Hospitals in Romania (Iasi, Cluj and Craiova)
Investment budget: 1.5 Bil €
Service(s): Design Review, Support to Tender, Capacity Building
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is supporting the Romanian Government and the Ministry of Health (MoH) with technical assistance for construction of three Regional Emergency Hospitals (REH) in Iaşi, Cluj and Craiova. According to the Feasibility Studies, the new hospitals are dimensioned up to 800-900 beds, with Gross Floor Area of up to 150.000 m2 and an investment budget of approx. 550 Mil Eur each.
INGOB.ZT was awarded a contract as a consortium member within the EIB Lot 3 TA2019025 RO FWA – Framework Agreement to support the activities of the EIB Project Advisory Support Team for design review, support to tender and capacity building of the Ministry of Health of Romania for the above mentioned three hospitals.
The expected results of this project are the following:
- The deliverables prepared by the Designers are reviewed and feedback are provided in a timely manner;
- Option review reports prepared and timely submitted for the options proposed by the Designers;
- Recommendations on the value engineering proposals of the Designers are prepared and sufficiently substantiated.
- Procurement strategies developed by the Designers are reviewed and feedback are provided in a timely manner.
- Trainings are delivered to the staff of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
- Tender documents prepared and the MoH supported in responding to the prospective tenderers’ request for clarification on the tender documents.
- Tender documents for medical equipment are prepared and the MoH is supported in responding to the prospective tenderers’ request for clarification on the tender documents and in evaluating the tenderers received by the MoH.
Scope of Services:
Supporting the MoH in coordinating and managing the design contracts for Iasi, Cluj and Craiova REHs
- Supporting the MoH in coordinating and managing the Design Development process
- Prepare and enforce Coordination Methodology ensuring effective coordination among the Designers, Design Verifiers etc.
- Prepare Guidance Note for internal flows for the review and approval of the design deliverables
- Organise and chair Monthly Progress Meetings
- Prepare and submit Monthly Progress Reports
- Propose alternate solutions in case any points of disagreement among the Designers, Design Verifiers and/or PIU
- Advise MoH on appropriate course of action if Designers and/or Design Verifiers are in delay or in breach of their contacts
- Verify the payment requests of the Designers and Design Verifiers before they are approved by the MoH’s PIU.
- Prepare and submit Technical Review Reports
Capacity Building of the MoH’s PIU in managing the design development process
- Conduct Training Needs Assessment and prepare Training Needs Assessment Report
- Prepare and submit Training Plan incl. curricula for Project Management, Contract Administration and Evidence Based Design
- Prepare and submit Training materials
- Deliver Training on Project Management
- Deliver Training on Contract Administration
- Deliver Training on Evidence Based Design for healthcare facilities to max. 10 participants
- Prepare and submit Post Training Reports
Preparation of tender documentation
- Contracting strategy
- Procurement Plan
- Elaboration of the Datasheet / Instructions for bidders
- Elaboration of forms (pre and post-tender)
- Formulation qualification criteria
- Evaluation factors
- Preparation of the specifications (the part related to the acquisition based on the Data Sheet / Contracting Strategy)
- Elaboration of the Technical Proposal section of the Tender documents
- Review of the Financial Proposal forms prepared by the Designers (Bills of Quantities) and prepare the instructions for pricing
- Elaboration of the contractual clauses
- Correlation of the specifications (including the annexes) with the documents related to the award documentation
Proposals to respond to requests for procurement clarifications raised by the bidders with respect to the tender documentation