State Hospital Weiz New Building incl. Annex Intensive Care
Client: Styrian Hospital Holding
Services: Design, Project Management
Architecture / Design : Peter Lidl Architects
Phase I consisted of construction of a new hospital building for basic internal and surgical care as a replacement of the existing hospital. The existing hospital no longer met the requirements of modern healthcare facilities in terms of space, functionality and structural condition. Shortest possible implementation period was required.
The new building includes the following departments:
- Department of Internal Medicine with 32 beds
- Department of Surgery with 40 beds
- 2 nursing beds with intensive care per department
- 2 operating units, emergency room
- Surgical outpatient clinic, X-ray, endoscopy, ultrasound, laboratory, physical therapy.
Phase II consisted of extension of an intensive care unit with 4 beds, as well as a room for seriously ill with two beds, including the necessary ancillary rooms. Furthermore, the existing recovery room on the ground floor will be enlarged while retaining the four recovery beds, resulting in greater bed spacing for nursing.